Confessions of a Binge Shopper

I noticed a pattern in my behaviour recently, I'm a seasonal shopaholic. I can go ages without buying a thing and then as soon as a new season is looming I write a list of all the things I want to buy and hit the shops.

Don't get me wrong, I do shop between these, what I can only describe as, 'retail binges', I'm a huge fan of charity shops - especially since a friend introduced me to the ones in Chiswick. Bargain of the decade was found in one of the shops there recently: 





Dress by Hobbs, tags in, size 10, fits like a glove and it cost a thrifty £17. Thank you very much fancy housewives of Chiswick who stock the charity shops, I will happily take your Russell & Bromley shoes too!

As much as I hate the idea of summer ending, I have to deal with it like any adult does and just accept that autumn and winter are coming and there's naff all I can do about it. By naff all, I of course mean get myself ready for the new season with an epic shopping list. 

First on the list: buy myself some amazing boots to keep my feet  & legs warm, dry, and looking fabulous: 

Booooooooots <3

The last pair of boots I bought from Kurt Geiger (also over-knee, I love over-knee boots!) I was lucky enough to land them in one of their sales. It was January 2011 and they were reduced from £170 to £40 - I couldn't believe my luck! I still wear those boots every time the weather gets a bit grumpy and I love them, but I recognise that they aren't going to live forever, so I thought I'd buy some more to alternate them with and therefore preserve their life. These ones are new season and were full price but as I got the last ones so cheap I felt like I should really buy a pair at full price this time. I'll be back in the sales for the next pair though!

I also thought I needed some new Converse to brighten up my wardrobe. If you've spent time with me in the last year I can guarantee I was wearing my lo-top WonderWoman Chucks, but a couple of weeks back I spotted they had hi-tops in a similar design. How am I supposed to resist those? 



And a pair of pink lo's for good measure. You can never have enough Chucks!


I discovered a whole new range of skirt designs recently - midi skirts. Slightly longer than my usual pencil skirts, so they're just below the knee but fit in exactly the same way. Oh man, I love these so much. I impulse purchased one from Dorothy Perkins last month (black and deep red striped) and loved it so much that I bought three more this month; one plain black, one with a silver lace design and one with (one of my favourite designs ever) polka dots! 



I also treated myself to another Body Gossip tshirt, they finally had the design I'd wanted for a while back in stock: 

Well it is, you can't argue with the shirt. ;)

It would be wrong not to take advantage of end-of-summer sales; here's some beauties I found in Primark and Debenhams:


I debated a maxi skirt for the whole of summer but never made the purchase. I spotted the emerald one on a sale rack for a fiver - if that's not the universe telling me to buy then I don't know what it. The cerise skirt is another midi skirt  - also a fiver, and the colourful dress is a skater-style dress from Henry Holland at Debenhams, reduced from £32 to £12.80. 

Of course, with all these new things coming in, old things have to be shipped out, so the bi-annual wardrobe de-clutter was done two weeks ago. All the summer items pushed back, all the autumn winter items moved forward (I remarked on Twitter last week that fashion is like the opposite of moving our clocks to/from GMT). I listed a whole heap of things on eBay and took another load to the charity shop. Yes, as in the shops where I buy so many of my clothes from, it's like my wardrobe does this full circle route every year!

It's only a matter of time before I buy my own old stuff back, isn't it?

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

6 comments:

  1. I love your dress! Its perfect =]

    journeysthroughmeadows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so taken with it, such a bargain too. :)

      Delete
  2. I have added the midi skirts,hidden the summer wonders and began perusing for the over the knee boots, that will actually go over my knee seeing as my shins are apparently rather long..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because you have legs like a gazelle, Sam. Any old knee-highs will fit over my short legs!

      Delete
  3. love your pink converses!! x

    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They really brighten up an outfit. :)

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig