In Search of the Perfect Dupe

If you've seen any photos of me online in the last couple of months, I will have been wearing one lipstick. My Benefit Full Finish Lipstick in shade Lady's Choice.






I've had this lipstick for 4 years and never used it. When I found it before Christmas and tried it I couldn't believe what had been sat in my make-up storage box all this time; the Holy Grail of make up - my perfect nude lipstick.


This wonderful find does come tinged with sadness, as it's only a small lipstick so it won't last long and, what's even worse,  Benefit have discontinued this colour! But I've only just found it! Noooooooooooo! 

So I did what any internet-savvy blogger would do when faced with this problem, begin scouring beauty blogs for reviews of the original lipstick and comments that begin with the words 'it's just like this lipstick that I bought from ...'.

I found two lipsticks that kept being compared to the Benefit one, so I bought both. Both US versions, both from Amazon, both less than a fiver. Awesome. 

L'Oreal  Project Runway Colour Riche Lipstick in Sulty Raven's Pout

NYX Black Label Lipstick in Dusty Rose

First up, a good swatch comparison:


Already it's clear that the L'Oreal lipstick is a very accurate match. The NYX one is a little darker and more pink toned; it's still a great lipstick and it smells like bubblegum - this guarantees that I will still use it, but not as a nude. 

The L'Oreal is pretty much bang on the money. The colour is almost exactly the same, it's a very smooth, rich product and feels great on, just like the Benefit one. The scent is more like a drugstore lipstick (the Benefit one had no scent at all) but I can live with that. Overall, I couldn't be happier with this purchase. 

Matchy matchy!

All hail the beauty bloggers. You shop hard, you write hard, you test hard. On behalf of my beautiful nude-painted lips, I thank you. :)
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. I'm hooked on beauty blogs and beauty youtubers. It's my guilty pleasure :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the beauty blogs can be a little wearing (I don't like review blogs!) but some of them are great. I love a good YouTube video too!

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig