July

It's the last post of the month again. Already? Yes, already. But what a month it's been. July has been the best month of the year so far. August, you have some big shoes to fill!


July London




I went to see the Monty Python's Flying Circus boys do their final live shows, I went to my first comic con, and last weekend I went to a wedding. Let it be stated that I never turn down free alcohol. Or chocolate brownies.

Collectif Hibiscus Dolores Swing Dress Pink
Any excuse for me to dress up like Betty Draper

As you can probably tell from my first photo in this post, the weather is a little up and down in London the moment. It is burning hot (late 20's daily) with the occasional overnight downpour / storm. The Met Office for some reason can't detect when the storms are due so the forecast puts us on rain alert all day every day  - even when it's 29 degrees. The weather was forecast to be absolutely horrendous on that Saturday, so I dressed for heat and packed an umbrella. Surprise, surprise! Not a drop of rain all day. I got some brilliant tan lines from the moments I did brave the sunshine though.

Also in July ...

This months motivation

Chocolate hazelnut was my new food thing

My gym routine really felt that way during one week of this month - a routine. I've felt like I'd been just going through the motions and not really getting into it. I think I was just having a tired period. I didn't miss a session, I fought through the malaise and it's paid off; my strength is improving weekly and I've lost a little more weight, I'm happy with my progress.

I got my hair cut for the first time in 18 months! This was an impulse decision when I was in town one day but I'm glad I did it. I just got my ends trimmed off and my long fringe cut back in. My hair bounced back to life. Now it can just get on with growing for another year. 



I bought myself some contact cards. I have had so many business cards over the years but this time I just wanted something simple so I went with Moo Minicards with my basic information on and my blog address. I love how colourful these are and how easy it is to stick a little bundle in the smallest nook of your bag to take them everywhere with you. If I see you in the future, you'll be getting a contact card. You lucky thing.


Moo Mini Cards


My friend alerted me that Hello Kitty Horoscope necklaces were available. Big deal, right? But the Pisces one is a mermaid! As I have a thing for mermaids I was unable to resist that. Thank you eBay (and my friend Alison who sent me the link to the necklaces in the first place!)


Hello Kitty Pisces Mermaid


I've been eyeing up some storage boxes in a local vintage shop for the whole month. They're in a lovely Harry Potter-esque design and I finally caved and bought them. What will I do with them? Probably put them in my kitchen and store all my jars of nut butter in them, whatever, they look the effin' bomb.


Hogwarts Harry Potter Storage


In geek news; the end of July sees a very important day for Twin Peaks fans; The Entire Mystery boxset is released. If you're a hardcore Twin Peaks fan like me you'll know that we (the crazy fans) have been pestering David Lynch relentlessly to release the definitive versions of the pilot, show and film and finally, we're getting it. Fire Walk With Me has over an hour of additional footage that was removed from the film and I'm almost having kittens about seeing it. It's due out on the 29th July (Laura Palmer's birthday) and I've even upgraded my tech just for this boxset - I now finally own a blu-ray player.



Next blu-ray purchase: the Harry Potter boxset! I'm informed the Ghostbusters boxset is out on blu-ray in September too.

As I said, August has some work to do to keep up but I think it might be able to wing it. I've got my annual trip to the Great British Beer Festival lined up for mid-month (I wrote about last years on this post) and I've got a lot of sorting and packing to do because towards the end of the month I'm going to Chicago for a couple of weeks to run around at a fringe festival.

As the post-its show, the itinerary is already underway

I've never been to Chicago, I've never even traveled on my own outside the UK before, so I'm incredibly excited and little bit nervous too. Luckily I know someone who will be there so that takes a bit of pressure off but I'm really looking forward to a few weeks off my day job, a couple of weeks out of the country (something I haven't had since I was 19/20) and having a brilliant adventure in a new city with amazing pizza!

In VERY important news, August is new Doctor Who month! Anyone who knows me or follows me on social media will know that I am unbelievably excited about seeing Peter Capaldi take on this role and I can't wait to see him in action. I'm already in love with his TARDIS (you can see the library from the console, it's like my dream TARDIS!). The new series kicks off in the UK on Saturday 23rd August 2014, expect my Twitter feed to explode around 7pm that evening with Capaldi mania. You have all been warned.



I hope that my apartment in Chicago has BBC America!



ONE LAST THING!


You've still got time to vote for me to win My Boudoir's Search for Muse competition. All the details can be found in my last blog post, remember to click LIKE on my photoset on the Facebook page (THIS is the direct link) to make your vote count. You can feel free to share the link on your own social networks and blogs too, all support is welcome and greatly appreciated :) x

My Boudoir Search for a Muse competition
CLICK HERE TO VOTE

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments:

  1. Love the cards, such an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such happy little cards! So colourful and I prefer them to business cards now.

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks fab, I think mine needs a good trim! Hope you enjoy Dr Who, we are pretty excited as well!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig