Chaos

Forgive me blog, for I am waaaaaay behind with my writing. It's been a chaotic few weeks.

I've had the busiest two weeks at my day job ever, some nights I was so tired I was ready to go to bed at 9pm, I knew it wasn't forever, so I ploughed on through. 

After that period was over I was ready to relax and take care of myself more, so I managed to make my monthly YouTube video:






If you watch that video you'll see that last weekend I committed to giving myself a detox. Nothing too serious; just less caffeine, meat, treats and generally I wanted to look after myself and rest my digestive system.

Kids, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. That evening Mother Nature gave me her own detox - a stomach virus.

So that's where I've been for the last 6 days - in bed, unable to eat, sleep at night or feel comfortable. Today is the 3rd night I've managed to sleep through and I feel like things are slowly improving. I've still not managed to eat a meal since last Saturday but I'm hopeful that I'll manage one tomorrow before returning to work on Monday. 

You know what I'm most upset about? It was this event on Thursday:

GBBF 2014 CAMRA Love Life Lexi


The Great British Beer Festival - my favourite day of the year! I'd booked the day off to go, I'd paid for my ticket and damn it, I wanted my festival glass so I forced myself to go. I didn't last long, I felt wiped out very quickly but I got my glass.

This weekend is going to be dominated by this old thing; my tatty suitcase, lovingly decorated with pink animal print washi tape:

Animal print washi tape Love Life Lexi

As it's just over a week until I fly to Chicago. I want to make my last week as easy as possible so the more packing I can get done this weekend, the better! Next weekend I will be too Doctor Who focussed to get myself into any kind of sensible, organised frame of mind!



I have avoided all spoilers, people I know who have already seen the episode have been very good and not shared a thing with me ... I am officially excited. Next weekend I will be unbearable. It's going to be awesome. 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig