2014: The Round Up

Happy Christmas readers! I hope you've all enjoyed the last few days of festivities. It's Boxing Day, or as I like to call it Trifle Comedown Day, I assume we're all hungover from food and feeling a bit lethargic. Here I am with my wordy end-of-year post to keep you entertained as you read this in bed on your iPad. I assume that's where you are, that's probably where I am at the time of publishing.

As this is my last post for the year, I thought I'd write a little retrospective and look at some of the highlights of my year, but first, let me tell you all about my December.

Doctor Who
It's the end of my Doctor Who 50th Anniversary calendar. Sad times. 


It started with a great weekend away at my best friend's birthday festivities in the North. I wore a Topshop dress which was all about the legs:

Love Life Lexi Topshop


My entire company moved into new office space. We've been sharing with some clients for a while so to have a space which is just ours felt really special. Plus, I finally have windows! They make the office really cold, but I see natural light every day, so I can wear more layers to deal with that!

Love Life Lexi Blue Skies


I went to my office Christmas party, which was Vegas themed, so I made my hair ENORMOUS and the rest of me SPARKLY.

Love Life Lexi Vegas


Tesco sent me a lovely Christmas present - a box full of their sweet spreads: Caramel & Chocolate, Cookies & Cream , Bourbon Biscuit, Custard Cream and Honey Roast Crunchy Peanut Butter. Happy doesn't even cover how excited I was when I unwrapped all those jars! The Bourbon Biscuit & Custard Cream ones are to die for, the rest I haven't opened yet as they have longer expiry dates.

Tesco bourbon biscuit spread custard cream spread


The shortest day went and passed, I celebrated winter solstice by getting up early, eating a light breakfast, going for a run, doing some mat work and recovering with a Christmassy protein shake (I put After Eight mints in, bloody delicious). Longer days ahead, you guys!

Love Life Lexi Winter Solstice


I went to Brian and Robin's Christmas Compendium of Reason at Hammersmith. This is turning into a bit of a tradition! It's a wonderful event if you're a bit sciencey like I am, an enormous write up of the night is to follow on a next weeks post, but you can read a little about last years here if you're too impatient.

Brian & Robins Christmas Compendium of Reason 2014
Brian Cox, Ben Goldacre, Dara O'Briain, Robert Smith and Eric Idle. #OMG #WTF?! #WIN

And then, yanno, Christmas happened.

Love Life Lexi Christmas

Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014


Yesterday I finally got my mits on the Doctor Who Series 8 dvd, which is exciting enough on its own, but my friend Rob is featured in the Earth Conquest documentary on the extras! Look out for him when you watch the dvd. I also got the Harry Potter collection on Blu-ray, so that's one film a night for the next week and lifetime membership to the Prince Charles Cinema - which is just the best gift EVER.

Next: I'm off to Whole Foods! Kensington, you better have carrot cake in stock!

Whole Foods Kensington Christmas


2014 has been such an amazing year for me, I can't even begin to explain how special it's been. I feel very lucky to have such a lovely life with some incredible people in it. Everyone has ups and downs, I'm no exception, but the tough times make you appreciate the good times even more. 

My highlights from 2014 include: 

  • Starting the year in a very healthy way by buying myself a Vitamix and making myself all kinds of cool things with it. I still love making a good cherry chocolate protein smoothie in it.
  • I started ISS watching (and quickly roped my family into this game too). If you follow me on Instagram you'll have seen lots of photos of it from throughout the year.
  • It was the year I started going to conventions and by the end of the year I'd done three, LFCC Summer & Winter and MCM Winter. It's safe to say I'm totally hooked. I met some fantastic people, had a great time with my friends and attended one of the events in cosplay. I've got my weekend ticket for LFCC 2015 booked already. 
  • I had the best holiday of my life in an amazing city: Chicago. I have such fond memories of that city and the people I met there, I can't wait to go back at some point. 

I never end a year with a bunch of goals for the next one, I just hope for the same thing every year: that the next year is even better than the last one, and looking back, it's got some big shoes to fill.

Dare to Dream Love Life Lexi
source

Here's to whatever lies ahead. Dare to dream.

See you next year!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig