Reading List: Body Positivity

This post is due to a request from some of my followers on social media. Hi social media followers! I love you guys! Well, most of you, the stalky-creeper ones not so much but that only accounts for 1%, the other 99% are top notch.

Now I've insulted my readership, I'll crack on. You're still there, right? RIGHT?!


Since committing to the ditch the diet mentality, I've spent a lot of time reading about the subject. It's a hard subject to source reading material on as there's a billion-and-one websites and books about diets but far fewer about anti-diet mentality and body positivity. I've done a lot of legwork finding these sources so I'm here to pass them at the request of some of my followers. We all need a little more BOPO in our lives!

It's a pretty extensive list covering books, websites, blogs, podcasts, social media accounts and support groups. They encompass many parts of the anti-diet revolution; body positivity, body confidence, body acceptance, recovery from disordered eating, feminism, personal memoirs, gratitude practices and mindfulness. I'm not saying you have to get in on all these things, these are just the tangents that my reading has covered over the last 12 months and it's good to have many views, different voices and new approaches.

Links to the books below are from Amazon, and they're through my affiliate account, so clicking through and purchasing them means pennies kicked back to me (which will hopefully go towards a neat reward for my readers at some point in the future).

Or, buy from your local bookshop to help support local businesses, you can do that online at Hive


Body of Truth - Harriet Brown
Health at Every Size - Linda Bacon
The Perfection Myth - Madelyn Moon
How to Ditch the Bitch - Leanne Ellington
Body Image Remix - Summer Innanen
It Was Me All Along  - Andie Mitchell
Intuitive Eating - Evelyn Trebole
Diet Cults - Matt Fitzgerald
How to be a Woman - Caitlin Moran
Yes Please - Amy Poehler
Bossypants - Tina Fey
The Beauty Myth - Naomi Wolf
The Gluten Lie - Alan Levinovitz
The Untethered Soul - Michael A Singer
The Fictional Woman - Tara Moss
The Power - Rhonda Byrne
Moranifesto  - Caitlin Moran
This is Happening - Rohan Gunatillake
Everyday Sexism  - Laura Bates
Girl Up - Laura Bates
Animal - Sara Pascoe

(And if you fancy getting one of these for free, you can get your first book for free on Audible by clicking here).


Refinery29 - The Anti-Diet Project
Performing Woman
Sarah Vance


Isobel Foxen Duke
Anastasia Amour


Finding Our Hunger
Fearless Rebelle Radio
Call Your Girlfriend
The Rebooted Body Podcast

Social Media:

Learning to be Fearless
Loey Lane
Lena Dunham
Celeste Barber
Glitter and Lazers
Fran Hayden
Break the Rules Support Group

Hashtags to search under: 


Have you got any favourite body positivity websites / social media accounts / people to add to this list? If so, let me know in the comments and I can add them in. Eventually we'll cultivate a permanent list of awesome resources and never-ending squee about how awesome our bodies are. 

Last updated: 19/05/2016
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that businesses all around the world are hiring people just like you to help manage their social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube?
    There is a lot of money in it, and the best part is that you don’t need any qualifications, prior experience or specialized skills. All you need is a few spare hours per week, a computer with an internet connection and a good knowledge of how to use Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.