The Joy of Missing Out

I was recently approached to write a blog post for a ticket vendor with the message that we can avoid fear of missing out (FOMO) by going out more.

My problems with this type of unsolicited pitch are as follows: firstly, I don't write content like this (see my About Me page) for agencies or vendors (zero points for your research) and secondly, I don't suffer from FOMO ever. 

EVER

If I'm going out, I'm going out. If I see an event happening that I want to go to, I make it happen. My blog shows how much of a social person I am with a wide variety of interests. If I have no social life or human interaction aside from seeing my work colleagues for two weeks, then I've chosen to do just that.

I'm talking about JOMO, people, the joy of missing out. 


If I'm missing out on anything it's because I'm either not interested or would prefer to sit in my pyjamas watching Netflix.


Preach


You know what? There's nothing wrong with this. Firstly, you can get other people involved in your pyjama'd sit-ins (more people usually means a great excuse to eat pizza, so that's a win), so it can be a social experience, or you can fly solo quite joyously.

As I've said in a previous post, I describe myself as an Ambivert most of the time, but times like these are when my introvert side has a massive flare-up. Sometimes I don't want to see anyone for a few days, and want to limit my interaction to Whatsapp messages only. Sometimes I will put my phone onto flight mode or ignore everything on my to-do list so that I can have a big recharge, quietly, with only myself for company. That recharge is important to me and therefore JOMO is a life saver! 

Don't let FOMO dictate what you should or shouldn't be doing, embrace a little more JOMO; be proud of sitting in your pyjamas all day on Sunday. Be proud of caning half a series of a boxset on Netflix on your day off. Enjoy not talking to people for a bit because people can be flipping exhausting. 

Not ignoring you, ignoring EVERYONE

Just sit in your chill and stay there. Sod what everyone else expects you to do, You do you.

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig