The August Round-Up

August is always a bloody belter, isn't it?




I'm so pleased the sunshine has stayed put and that my tv was full of Olympics for a few weeks. I flipping LOVE the Olympics! It's been non-stop gymnastics, weightlifting and horse disco in my house.

My mum came to visit, so it was nice to show her my new place and take her on a tour of my borough. She was able to stay in touch with home via FaceTime when she was at mine and, as we're women who love a charity shop, while we were shopping I found a near-new pair of Nine West platform courts for a bargain price of £20.




We got a new Harry Potter book, well, script in a book. Now I've got to read it and forget it before I go see the plays in March next year for my birthday.




I went on a boat trip down the Thames from Kew with a work Client, it was ace! I'd never been down the Thames on a boat before - so that's one off the bucket list. It was a nice sunny day, there was lots of free prosecco and I was home by early evening.

My housemate and I had a day out at markets; Borough and Spitalfields. Borough was mostly to look at food (and I may have got a bit excited and spent a small fortune on pretty tomatoes) and Spitalfields was for art. However, I fell into Collectif and bought a skirt in the sale. Ooops?







I saw Suicide Squad and couldn't see why everyone had such beef with it. I really enjoyed it (and, unpopular opinion alert, I have seen worse Marvel films). 

I went to the Great British Beer Festival (because I can never spend enough of my time in Olympia), followed by a  long weekend in Edinburgh at the Fringe festival (more on this next month).



Another ridiculous Christmas tree decoration for my mum! 


and now BANK HOLIDAY!! My fridge is filled with chilled beers and I'm going to go shopping and have a big relax. 


Stuff from me this month: 



Do you like my new layout? I'd been wanting to make my blog look a little more professional and all-encompassing for my other work for a while. I didn't want to move elsewhere and I didn't want to pay for a domain, so I decided to throw a bit of money at Pipdig and have a designed template. I look way more fancy now, right?

In other news, I became a member of the lovely nerdy team over at STACK this month. They're kindly re-posting all my geeky posts to their readership. If you're a fan of that side of my stuff do head over and say hello, they have podcasts and blog posts and unboxing videos  -  it really is a one stop shop. 


Stuff from the netz this month: 

Instagram Stories. As someone who limits the social media apps on her phone (I only have Twitter and Instagram) I was chuffed to see the arrival of stories. I love them! It's so nice to hear what some of my followers actually sound like. I use them lots so if you don't follow me on there already and want to see more from me, you can find me here.

Light is the New Black. A big book of woo, but I occasionally like to dip my toes into the world of woo and see what's new. This is a really nicely written, easily read book, full of positive enthusiasm and good mantras. Very woo-woo, though. Let me know if you could handle it!

Bridget Christie's Book For Her. This was my Audible pick this month and it's a very funny book about feminism. It's totally written in Bridget's voice and therefore perfect for an audio book.

Tarting up photos with Prisma because, dang, I'd make a great graphic novel character.




(I've been reading a lot of comics this month).


August has been very busy and very expensive. I was almost down to fumes in the run up to payday. I was counting down the hours! Having no money meant lots of early nights and gym classes, as they're already paid for. Turns out my gym does a great Wednesday night Zumba and Friday night Yoga. 

September is no quieter than August, but far less expensive. So far in the diary I can see rugby, a huge comedy gig, a tv show preview, another trip to the theatre and my friend Martin is taking me to watch 2001: A Space Odyssey because I've never seen it and that is terrible. Apparently. 

We'll see how it goes. Catch you next month. Enjoy the long weekend. 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig